Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Simple Challenge

Happy Day, all! I am so grateful for a little bit of snow today, instead of what the rest of the northeast is getting! Yippee!!
This simple little sketch is the first challenge for my sisters of the SBS29 Group! I kept it simple 'cause it's our first and we are all very busy women! We are going to have a little prize chosen to a randomly chosen sister who makes a card and posts it on her blog by February 20. There are no color specifications as part of the challenge; I only included color in the sketch to give it contrast! And as you can see with my sample card, taken from my archives, the sketch can be creatively changed--as in changing shapes or orientation :) Just have fun!

Although this challenge is specific to the SBS29 sisters, I'd like to offer a little prize for a randomly chosen NON-SBS29 sister who wants to make a card following the sketch, too. If you would like to enter, comment in this post with a link to your card. How's that for a thrill!
Have a fabulous weekend! If I can, I'm going to post a WishRAK I received that brightened my entire week! Be blessed, my friends!

13 comments:

  1. Kim, this is a great sketch. Can't wait to give it a try Sunday morning. Too late now. Thank you for being a wonderful sis to our fabulous group of 29. Sisters of Creation!! God Bless you and have a nice quiet weekend, what's left of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I almost forgot entirely. the card you made using the sketch is lovely. i especially love the textured white cs. the distressing gives it the Shabby Chic look. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter wanted to play along. Here is her creation!

    I love your card! The distressing is great. I hope to have a creation to post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have added this challenge to my to do list. I can't wait to see everyone's creativity. Your card is beautiful and reminds me of victorian style.
    Julie SBS29

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun challenge- I have mine done- where do I post it???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sketch Kim Marie. Love your sample too. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kim, I know that you have already sen mine, but I am following your instructions.
    Here's my card
    http://cardologyetc.blogspot.com/2010/02/sky-is-limit.html
    happy valentine's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim Marie, thanks for setting this challenge :-)

    My Card is here

    Happy Valentine's Day

    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used the sketch for this card for the D2D challenge- added a side strip.
    Here is a link to my post:
    http://shellymc2.blogspot.com/2010/02/designed2delight-freebie-and-su.html

    I may do another- can we do more than one???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim Marie,
    I have finally finished the card for our first challenge. It will post on my blog tomorrow. I didnt know where we were suppposed to let you know. Happy Stamping!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim Marie,
    thanks for putting this together for us. I have my card done. It's here:

    http://rhondagale.blogspot.com/2010/02/you-gotta-have-rain.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments for me! I love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!! :)